RA-20 Rotary Atomiser
The RA-20 rotary atomizer is an electrostatic spray device incorporating an air-powered turbine. It can apply most solvent and waterborne coating materials, including high solids and metallics.
- Close-in painting for high transfer efficiency and superior penetration into part recesses.
- Outstanding atomization delivers fine finishers and precise film-build control.
- Excellent pattern control reduces overspray significantly for reduced paint waste.
- Applies a variety of coatings including solventbased, high-solids, waterbornes, waterborne emulsions, two-component materials, metallics and 100-percent-solids coatings.
- Wide pattern adjustability - from 8 to 42 inches.
- Compact size for easier positioning within spray booth.
- Long-life, air-bearing turbine.
- Durable composite cup.
- Safe, non-sparking operation.
- Choice of manual or automatic controllers.
- Special design helps prevent backflow into turbine at high flow rates and during flushing operation.
The RA-20 rotary atomizer is available in several versions with different electrostatic charging configurations. Options and accessories include solvent and dump valves, cups, nozzles, fluid tubes, and turbine speed display.
- Cable-fed - The cable-fed version uses a remote power supply and high-voltage cable. The coating material is charges as it is sprayed.
- Integral Power Supply (IPS) - The IPS version includes an internal multiplier, and charges the paint material as it is sprayed.
- Waterborne - The waterborne version has no provisions for charging the coating material. The coating material is charged before being pumped to the RA-20 rotary atomizer by using a Nordson Iso-Flo HD Voltage Block System.
Patented Nordson RA-20 atomizing cups are available in several sizes and styles to optimize atomizer performance. The composite construction of each cup contributes to the non-sparking design, and is actually more durable than conventional metal cups.
- Finned cup – delivers excellent atomization and finish quality across the widest range of paints and coatings.
- Smooth cup – a more suitable choice for thicker coatings such as emulsions and most water-reducible coatings.
- MicroFin™ cup – typically provides finer atomization for higher viscosity coatings.
Nordson also offer a pattern control kit for a smaller more uniform spray pattern without compromising efficiency.